Last Update 30th August 2014
The Special at Centre:
HIS HOLINESS SAKYA TRIZIN WESTERN BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
- TARA PUJA with Khatag Offering to His Holiness Throne during Long life Prayer (STL Main Hall) 9:30-11:15am
- Long life Puja by Resident Lama during Tara Puja 9am
- Medicine Buddha Puja with Release of Life 1.00pm
- Shows on His Holiness and Kangso 3.00pm
- His Holiness’ Birthday reception with Serkym at 5.30pm
This year, we would be doing something special for His Holiness 70th Birthday Celebrations. we would be inaugurating the practice of scripture copying in our centre.
For His Holiness Long Life, good health and for His continued activity in turning the wheel of dharma for the benefit to all, we will be copying His Holiness’ Long Life Scriptures on 7th September 2014 at 3pm.
Scriptures designed with our collected photographs of His Holiness are prepared in 3 languages, namely, English, Chinese, and Tibetan. These scriptures would then be collected back and bounded into a Sadhana to be mailed over to His Holiness The Sakya Trizin.
Celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival
7th September 2014 (Sunday)
Celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival:
• Manjushri Mantra Loong to bestow wisdom by
• Lantern circumambulation (free lanterns will be
given to children)
• Mooncake Tasting
• Lucky Draw
Please come join us with your family and friends!
Mangtro Monastery Program 2014
The monks from the mystical mountain Monastery of Mangtro in Ladakh is coming to STL. Since the last Visit of the Mangtro Entourage, many of us are very curious of its existence and spun many untold tales of its ability to protect the people in its 700 years of history. Click here to read more about our experience of the Nagrang Festival when a small group of us visited the Monastery earlier this year.
Please register for all programs with Office.
Three Days of Shakyamuni Rituals
12th-14th September 2014
By Mangtro Monastery and Entourage
The Lord Shakymuni Buddha is our historical Buddha and we have close link with Him in this eon. As human beings and Buddhists we have great devotion and belief in our Lord in overcoming all worldly sufferings and their causes.
The Entourage will perform three Shakymuni Puja.
1) The Long Sixteen Arhat Puja (on 12 sep) will protect and spread the Buddha’s Teaching throughout the world.
2) The SherNying Dudthog Ritual with Heart Sutra Chanting & Dough Rubbing (on 13 sep) will clear away outer and inner obstacles and sickness of the body, and,
3) Gya-Zhi, The 400 Offering to Shakyamuni Puja (on 14 Sep) is able to dispel monstrous karmic problems eg in the form of fatal diseases, that are life threatening. Please register for the programs with Office.
May our devotion and belief in the Shakyamuni Puja overcome all our problems of sufferings
H.E. Ratna Vajra Sakya Rinpoche
Public Program 2014
Monthly Medicine Buddha Puja
With the guidance from His Holiness and the relentless hard work and the traveling to Phodrang we finally incorporated a very well unified Amitabha Chanting that consist of the Mahayana aspect of both the the Amitabha Pureland Sutra Service and the 88 Buddhas’ Repentance Prayers of the Sutrayana in Chinese, and the Sakya’s Prayer for being reborn in Suhkavati in Tibetan.
On this joyful occasion His Holiness wrote two letters: one on the preface and the other on the benefit of this Chanting session to our Centre and members, which will be incorporated into the Text. We have attached the preface here for your reading.
May the Blessing of Buddha Amitabha be with you always!
Naga Puja 15th September (Monday)
Upcoming Naga Puja on 15th September 2014 (Monday)
To register and for inquiries please approach and contact Office 65-6581 3902
- Refer to schedules (monthly)
- TIME: starts 9am
- Contributions of any amount
- Boat trip @ $20 per person (please register early)
- Be 1 day vegetarian when attending the puja only
- Be 2 days vegetarian when going out for the boat trip.
To sign up for boat trip, register with office.
Join Sakya Youth Ministry:
Some HIGHLIGHTS :
Special Write-up on Three Red Deity (Ritual of Kurukulle, Takkiraja and Ganapati in one mandala)
Special Write-up on Vajrakilaya: Click here to learn more about the importance of Vajrakilaya
Land Lease and Building Renewal – Giro Installment Plan
What is Our Guru’s main concern ….
“What I see, the most urgent thing is the Land Lease Renewal in 10 years’ time…”
“Although 10 years seem quite long to go, however, time flies. 20 years have already gone, now left the last remaining 10 years.”
Thank you. ”
How you can fulfill Guru’s wish?
Grow the seed … by committing a monthly installment through GIRO… straight from the heart …
Total Funds needed 20,000 sf @ $500 sf, Total $10m.
We raised 2,800 sf . Target to raise 17,200 sf or $8.6m.
Growth Plan 1 1 sf / $500 20 installm/ $25 p mth
Growth Plan 2 2 sf / $1000 20 installm/ $50 p mth
* Since it is contribution from the heart, we can tailor the installment # and $ to your wish and affordability. But due to administrative costs incurred, we would appeal for 10 months or longer, $30 & above. Lump sum donation is welcomed.
Click here to download the Application form for Giro Installment payment.
“Seed planted over many years, seed has to grow to ripen the fruit…”by His Holiness The Sakya Trizin on 10 Jun 2012, Sakya Tenphel Ling in Singapore
All are welcome to participate. 欢迎所有信众参加。
*** All Program subject to last minute changes * 节目随时更新，敬请留意 *